Subject: PVR - hint - syncing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 16:35:45 -0800

I ran into this problem the other day:

	Laying back some animation at the local post house in a cuts only room,
suddenly my PVR animation started to break up where a lens-flare does a complete
screen wipe out (fade to white).  Since this same animation played great at 
home, what was the problem?

	At the post house I sync the PVR to the one of the 3 vid-outs on the 
back of the Sony PVW 2800.  This works fine, as long as the signal is 
"reasonable".  However, the flare out probably overmodulated the signal.  Since 
the PVR was looking at it's own signal, it freaked at the overmodulation.

	The solution is, of course, sync to black burst.  (BB is not available 
at this suite.)  The 2nd solution is, don't sync at all.  Although the monitor 
will display the sync bar in the middle or thereabouts of the screen, the 
animation will actually record fine.  However, it does freak your client out 
when s/he sees this  big bar in the middle of the screen.  Solution:  don't let 
them watch transfers.  >8^)

******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **